Palo Alto, CA – June 14, 2021 – PRSA Silicon Valley has much news to share. First, an update on our popular #FridayForum Thought Leadership Series, reaching thousands of PR & Comms professionals nationwide. Next week, on June 25 #FridayForum will be celebrate LGBTQIA Pride June 25, 11 AM PT. Follow us on Clubhouse and look for the “Communications & PR Club.”
Thought leaders booked for #FridayForums all summer and fall
Subscribe to our Chapter Newsletter to get an up-to-date list of speakers, plus background info on them you won’t find anywhere else, emailed to you every Tuesday. And if you’re looking for a way to reach cutting-edge communicators, contact Editor Mar Junge. Also, be sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and on our PRSA SV Facebook page. By June 25 we will have broadcast 15 #FridayForums in 2021, including:
- State of Consumer Trust with Morning Consult Cofounder & CEO Michael Ramlet (Jan. 22)
- Multi-ethnic Science-Based Media Relations During the Pandemic featuring Ethnic Media Services Director of Media Relations Julian Do (Feb. 19)
- Hacks & Flacks featuring Eric Newcomer (Feb. 26)
- Hacks & Flacks featuring Dow Jones Senior Reporter Jon Swartz (March 5)
- Starting Your Own Business: Agency + Upwork + Smart Hustle with Flock Marketing Founder Alice Chan, Founder, Upwork Director Jeff Kruger and SmartHustle.com Founder Ramon (March 12)
- Women in PR – Roku. Panel featuring Director of Latin America PR and co-founder of Latinas in Tech Gretel Perera, Senior Director, Global PR and Social Media Seana Sullivan and Abby Reyes, Sr. Manager Communications. (March 19)
- In Conversation with Howard Bragman, CEO, LaBrea Media (April 2)
- Edelman’s 2021 Trust Barometer by Edelman GM Margot Edelman (April 9)
- Travel’s Revenge: How Travel Is Coming Back from COVID with Christopher Nulty, Airbnb; Casey Barks, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Christina Glynn, Visit Santa Cruz and Sojern Travel Scott Thornburg (April 16)
- Best Agencies to Work For Research by PRovoke Executive Editor, Aarti Shah (April 23)
- Hacks & Flacks featuring Bloomberg Sr. Executive Editor/Author Brad Stone (May 21)
- Turbocharging Your Success with Peter Shankman (May 6)
- How we Got Here: Communications in the Public Sector featuring Communications Director, City of San Jose Carolina Camarena, Valley Water Communications Manager Linh Hoang, Public Communications Officer for the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office Sean Webby and Communications Counsel David Vossbrink, APR (June 4)
- “California Leavin” – Why Silicon Valley pros are moving to Nashville, Austin, Denver. Find out what it’s like to work time zones away. Clubhouse discussion moderated by Alex Hunter. (June 11)
MORE PRSA-SV CHAPTER NEWS:
- New Diversity and Multicultural Scholarship — In April, PRSA-SV raised nearly $70,000 for a new diversity and multicultural scholarship endowment, more than tripling its original $20,000 fundraising goal in less than 48 hours. Established in 2020, the scholarship annually assists and recognizes Bay Area students for outstanding academic achievement and commitment to the practice of public relations and this year aims to award 10 students $1,000 each.
- 40 mentors and mentees were matched and invited to PRSA Silicon Valley’s summer virtual networking social, June 20th at 5 PM PT/8 PM ET. Companies represented include Aclima, Blue Shield of California, Electronic Arts, Facebook and more. Contact Jeannie Entin.
- Digital marketing, advertising and public relations specialist Mega Jewell joins the PRSA Silicon Valley board as new Head of Multimedia Content
- New agency advisory board members include: Actual Agency, Axicom, Bateman Agency, Bulleit Group, Gravitate PR, Hoffman Agency, Hotwire, Hill & Knowlton Strategies, Karbo Communications, Offleash, Rob Roy Consulting, Samson PR, Strange Brew Strategies, Trier & Company, and VSC. These firms join BOCA Communications, Bospar, Edelman, Highwire, Praytell and Ruder Finn as agency partners. To become an Agency Advisory Board member, please contact Syreeta Mussante.
- In honor of Juneteenth, we are teaming up with Highwire PR to host a discussion with insights and perspectives from Black women about strategies for finding freedom in the workplace when it comes to cultural identity and hair expression. June 15, 12 PM PT Free tickets here.